Early Years Teacher for August 2021
Early Years Teacher
An exciting opportunity to work at SKIP!
SKIP is seeking a passionate and experienced early years teacher to join our small, dynamic team commencing 1 August 2021. This is a full-time position, but for the right candidates we would consider offering as a part-time job share.
Leading a K1 kindergarten class, and providing support in a K2 class and accompanied playgroup.
- Be an energetic and enthusiastic early years educator who LOVES being outdoors!
- Have a degree or post graduate certificate in Early Childhood Education, with recent experience in an international preschool or kindergarten.
- Have sound working knowledge and experience of the UK EYFS curriculum framework and how this can be used effectively in a play-based and child-led environment.
- Be able to work as part of a small dynamic team, as well as develop strong and positive relationships with our children and SKIP families.
- Be able to extend learning into our wonderful outdoor classroom and into the local area and community through visits, trips and mini expeditions!
- Be full of creativity, with a love of messy play, sensory learning, mud and glitter!
- Be a native English speaker with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Deadline for applications is 25 June 2021.
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter which includes a personal statement and current/expected salary. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a face-to-face interview and a visit to the school.
Apply now to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SKIP is a small preschool with a HUGE heart. We are more than just a school; SKIP is a magical place, a community that keeps children in the forefront of everything we do and embraces not just the child, but the whole family.
Established in 1989, SKIP is an independent, international preschool located in Sai Kung. We follow the UK Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum using English as the medium of instruction, and are a registered kindergarten offering a two year programme for 3 to 5 year olds and playgroups for the under 3s.
SKIP has some amazing facilities and resources, but it is the outdoor space where it truly comes into its own. The majority of our time is spent in our outside classroom where we provide a well thought out, intentional learning environment which evokes curiosity, awe and wonder. More information can be found on our website www.skip.edu.hk and you can see SKIP through the eyes of a child on our facebook page.
Join the SKIP team and bring a little bit of magic into your life!