SKIP runs a two year kindergarten programme following the UK Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. These are unaccompanied classes for children aged 3 to 5 years of age and are run by two qualified and registered kindergarten teachers in each class. English is the medium of instruction.
Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 12.00pm. Unaccompanied.
K1 Kindergarten, the Cricket class, is suitable for children aged 3 to 4 years of age. The aim of the class is to offer children their first experience of school and to encourage separation from parents.
With progression into the older K2 class, the Geckoes, the curriculum becomes more structured, preparing 4-5 year old children for entry into primary school.
- Circle time
- Work & Play (including small group work, arts & crafts and sensory activities)
- Music and movement
- Group snack time
- Indoor and outdoor free play
- Interactive story time
- Library, gardening, baking
Adult to child ration of 1:10 (2 teachers for 20 children)
K1 / K2 activity classes
- Maker Mondays for Bakers, Makers and Creators, 1/1.30pm to 4pm
- Wild Wednesdays for Beach Lovers, Potion Makers, Mermaids and Pirates, 1/1.30pm to 4pm
Buzzy Bees, an unaccompanied playgroup for rising 3s
- Mondays and/or Wednesdays, 2pm to 4pm.
Commencing January 2023, unaccompanied playgroup is suitable for children transitioning to K1 kindergarten for the 2023-2024 (born in 2020) AND who are ready for the challenges of an unaccompanied class.