Playgroups are fun, relaxed classes for younger children aged 1-3 years of age who are accompanied by an adult (a parent or carer). The classes are run by an experienced playgroup leader. English is the medium of instruction.
New times from 2020-21 school year!
Tuesdays and/or Thursdays, 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Playgroup classes aim to offer children a playful and stimulating environment where they find their feet and begin to interact with their peers for the first time. They also provide a great opportunity for children to become familiar with the idea of going to school and, if progressing into SKIP’s kindergarten, help ease the transition into an unaccompanied class. Sessions are indoor and outdoor free play with access to a wide variety of resources and include:
- Outdoor play – ride on toys, slides, climbing, balancing
- Art and craft – painting and sticking
- Messy play – sensory activities like play dough, water play, goop, slime
- Indoor play – Puzzles and toys, home corner, books
- Group snack time
- Story time, singing and dancing
Class size: 20 children with accompanying adult